[Tutor] how to learn python

David Ascher da@ski.org
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:24:38 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Ron Fountain wrote:

> Ok, here is the tuffy!  I'm more into hardware and networking than I am
> programming.  I've tinkered w/ basic and cobol.  How would I learn
> python...my guess is to buy the book "Python in a nutshell".

There is no "Python in a nutshell" book.  There is a "Learning Python" in
the Nutshell Series of O'Reilly & Associates (which I co-authored).  It's
an introductory text for Python.  It's not a textbook on learning how to
program, though, so it may not be ideal -- still, it's probably your best
bet for now.

--david ascher
  [standard disclaimers apply]