[Tutor] Python Picture

David Ascher da@ski.org
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:18:24 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Joseph J. Strout wrote:

> >I'm finishing a "beginners" paper on Python (i.e.: please have mercy, I'm a
> >newbie.)  I would like to put the "Python" symbol (prefer full snake icon over
> >snake head icon) on the first page of a MS Word (Office 97) document.
>
> Hi Beth,
>
> Python's proper symbol is not a snake, but a 16-ton falling weight.  From
> the documentation (section 1.4): "By the way, the language is named after
> the BBC show ``Monty Python's Flying Circus'' and has nothing to do with
> nasty reptiles..."

That said, I think she can use a snake if all the book publishers do. =)

As to how that should be done, what I'd do if I were you Beth is to take a
snapshot of the screen (with the Control-PrintScreen key combination), go
to a bitmap editor (you should have one called "Paint" under your
Accessories menu under Program under the Start menu), and paste the new
picture into it -- then use the rectangle selection tool to isolate the
part of the screen you want to use, copy that, and paste that into word.
Should work.

permissively-yrs,

--david