[Tutor] Malloc, bitwise operations and other nasties

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:27:08 -0500

[David Ascher]
> [I'm not happy about this discussion of bit-shifting -- anyone got better
>  words to describe binary representations?

The 1 bits are foxes, the 0 bits are chickens, shifting right is when the
foxes chase the chickens to the east except some fall off the end of the
Earth, and xor is the well-known rule that a fox and a chicken in the same
coop at the same time leaves only the fox, will two foxes together devour
each other and two chickens together bore each other out of existence.
There!  I hope you're a lot happier about *your* discussion now <wink>

> -- say, Tim, where's that module of yours again?]

tabnanny.py is in Tools/Scripts/, of course.

playing-it-straight-ly y'rs  - tim