[Tutor] Other languages for learning to program with Python

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, William H Lovett wrote:

> other languages, like VB, C++, and Cobol.  I have bought both O'Reilly
> programming books, but would like to know an experienced programmers
> opinion: Should I just try to learn on my own from the books, or
> resort to learning something like C before Python, to get an
> understanding of programming basics again?  My ultimate goal is to
> make a little statistical analysis package for my field.

I think you'll be a LOT less frustrated if you start it in Python. If you
want to take classes, I'd recommend taking classes in C/C++. But it'll
only highlight how much easier Python is. :)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I have a simple rule in life: If I don't understand something, it must be