[Tutor] (no subject)

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan@callware.com
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 09:45:18 -0600

Hi All--

Stormavik wrote:

> hi i want to know what i can programm in Python and could i use it on win98

Yes, and yes.

Anyone can program anythin in Python, and if you have Win98 you can
simply download it from http://www.python.org (click on "Downloads" and
follow the instructions there) and install it.  That means that once you
download it to your hard drive, you must double-click on the
python1.5.2.exe file.  It will install itself on your computer.  Answer
"yes" to all the questions.  It's free, so your only investment is your
learning time.

Once you install it, use your web browser to visit the tutorial at
http://www.python.org ("Tutorial"), and open a DOS box.   cd to the
place where you installed python:  this should be "c:\Program
Files\Python", so you would type 'cd "c:\Program Files\Python" into your
DOS box.  Then type 'python', and start reading the tutorial.  Do what
it says.

Once you've done the tutorial, you should have a better idea of what you
might want to program.  But we can't tell you what to program, because
we have no idea what your interests are.

If you have trouble, send more questions to this mailing list.

<of-course-i-have-several-late-projects-you-could-do-for-me...>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan@callware.com
ivanlan@home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70