[TriPython] Editing a list in a function

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 13:31:51 EDT 2021

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 12:31 PM Mark Hutchinson via TriZPUG <
trizpug at python.org> wrote:

>    Once your function begins to 'alter' the input list parameter, it
> becomes
>    a new list.  Unless your function uses the Global keyword to refer to
> the
>    variable in the code outside the function.
>    Mark

This is absolutely not true. Lists are mutable, modifying them is a
mutation of the original list.

http://hub.ironfroggy.com/
Follow me if you're into that sort of thing:
http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy
-------------- next part --------------
   On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 12:31 PM Mark Hutchinson via TriZPUG
     ** **Once your function begins to 'alter' the input list parameter, it
     becomes
     ** **a new list.** Unless your function uses the Global keyword to refer
     to the
     ** **variable in the code outside the function.
     ** **Mark

   This is absolutely not true. Lists are mutable, modifying them is a
   mutation of the original list.
   **

   [5]http://hub.ironfroggy.com/
   Follow me if you're into that sort of thing:
   [6]http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy