[TriPython] Nested Properties

David Johnson znoop333 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:58:09 EDT 2020

IDK if this helps, but google's protobufs can automatically generate python classes with unlimited nested types [1], which is pretty similar to nested properties (but it uses python reflection instead of manually defining subclasses or messing with __getattr__). As an added bonus, you can then serialize it to disk or network sockets and read the protobuf binary string into another language [2], which I've found useful for going between python for rapid prototyping and a platform-specific language for a GUI (such as Android Java code).

What is the use-case scenario that brought up the request for nested properties?

[1] https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/proto3#nested

[2] https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/pythontutorial