[TriPython] Reminder: Chapel Hill Project Night

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:46:25 EDT 2020

Pizza and Python this evening at RENCI. (*See note at end of email.)

https://www.meetup.com/tripython/events/qjqqmrybcfbpb/

When: Wednesday, March 11, 6-9pm

Where: Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI), Biltmore Conference Room, 5th Floor, Europa Center, 100 Europa Drive, Suite 590, Chapel Hill

What: Have a project you want to show off, share, seek help with, or just get some work done surrounded my like-minded python lovers? Join us for our monthly second Wednesday Chapel Hill Project Night and do just that! Don't have something to work on? Show up and enjoy the energy, sprint on an open source project, find something interesting to contribute to or be inspired by! The setting is informal and there is no schedule, so don't worry if you show up past the start time. Bring your laptop.

*Special note: I don't like talking about this. I wish everyone on social media would just shut up and let public health officials do the talking. (BTW, Dr. Drew is not a public health official.) I don't believe anyone really wants to ignore proper precautions on the one hand anymore than anyone wants to promote a panic on the other hand. I am going ahead with this meetup tonight as I'm already at work with way more people than who will attend this meetup. I urge you to follow your own conscience as to whether you attend. The NC DHHS urges anyone who is sick or who is at high risk to not attend. As NC DHHHS also recommends, all hands will be washed and all surfaces will be cleaned with standard disinfectant.

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute