[TriPython] Next TriPython meeting after this month?

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Mon Nov 18 08:54:49 EST 2019

Awesome! I thought I had seen that Dec. 12 date but didn't remember when/where. Yes, that works for me. Therefore:

Talk Title: Adventures with Rust

Brief Description:
This summer I decided to learn the Rust programming language, because it had been recommended to me by a respected colleague as a superior alternative to C/C++. In my presentation I will share:
- Why Rust is a better systems language than C/C++ (and why Python programmers should care)
- Brief overview of Rust features
- Rust/Python integration, with examples
- Rust/JavaScript integration, with examples
- Recommendations for Learning Rust

Brief Bio:
David Handy is a long-time TriPython participator and Python developer. He's a homeschooling Dad, volunteer programming tutor, and author of a (now out-of-print) beginning programming textbook.

Thanks,
David H