[TriPython] Next TriPython meeting after this month?

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Sat Nov 16 20:19:15 EST 2019

 On Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:48pm, "Bob Gailer" <bgailer at gmail.com> said:

> I tried following the various Links at the end of your email. Very
> frustrating. No where could I find anything that would let me even look at
> a rust program or get any information about how to download it or run it.
> The most promising link that offered an HTML version simply came back to
> the page that I had clicked it from. I am sure I'm just missing something
> obvious but could you please point me to some place where I could actually
> take a look at a rust program or start learning it, without having to spend
> money on an ebook.

Hi Bob,  I think the problem is that by default the front page of the Rust book doesn't display a table of contents nor any navigation buttons, so it's not clear where to go next.

[ https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ ]( https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ )

If you don't see the table of contents displayed on the left of that page, click the menu button in the upper left corner of that page and it should display it. After that,
Click on Chapter 1 "Getting Started" in that table of contents.
Click the ">" button on the right side of that page. It will take you to "Installation".
Follow the installation instructions.
Click the ">" button again to go to the "Hello, World!" page. Follow those instructions to write, compile and run your first Rust program.
Please let me know if that works for you. You can email me directly if you don't want to debug on the mailing list. :)

Thanks,
David H