[TriPython] Speaker needed for August

Nathan Van Gheem vangheem at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:01:51 EDT 2018

I would be up for giving a presentation on Guillotina.

*Title*: Guillotina: The full stack data framework
*Description*:
Guillotina is a new full-stack AsyncIO Resource API framework designed for
large data sets. It has roots in Pyramid, inspirations from Django, out of
the Plone community but completely AsyncIO.

- Learn about AsyncIO
- When/why/how you can use it
- How Guillotina is designed with it to manage large data sets
- Using Guillotina with containers to develop, test and deliver your
applications.

The target audience are Python developers interested in AsyncIO, REST,
Microservices and distributed computing.

Some background knowledge in AsyncIO might be helpful as there will be
demonstrations and we’ll go through AsyncIO code; however, we’ll keep
things simple enough for any Python engineer to be able to follow.

*Bio*:
Nathan Van Gheem: I've worked in Python open source web technologies for
almost 10 years, have been part of the Plone open source community for many
years, lead open source Security, UI and framework teams and currently the
maintainer of the Guillotina: the Python AsyncIO REST Resource API
framework.

-Nathan

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM Calloway, Chris <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Still looking for a speaker for next week. Remember, speakers get free
> dinner at the after-meeting.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway
> Applications Analyst
> University of North Carolina
> Renaissance Computing Institute
> (919) 599-3530
>

> On 8/6/18, 11:51 AM, "TriZPUG on behalf of Calloway, Chris"
> <trizpug-bounces+cbc=unc.edu at python.org on behalf of cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
>
>     Our August meeting on the 23rd will be a Red Hat Annex in Raleigh (our
> WebAssign host is indisposed on the date).
>
>     If you would like to be a featured speaker at this meeting, please
> description, and brief bio for announcements.
>
>     --
>     Sincerely,
>
>     Chris Calloway
>     Applications Analyst