[TriPython] Data+Women+Triangle

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Thu Oct 5 15:21:21 EDT 2017

From Anna Smith (a member of Research Triangle Analysts):

Hi Triangle Python, we're Data+Women+Triangle, and this month, we have an event where those seeking training can come hear from many area programs at once. Please consider promoting our event (https://www.meetup.com/DataPlusWomenPlusTriangle/events/242966501/) to your group. Thanks, Anna Smith, neighbor27893 at gmail.com

From the event page:

THE FUTURE FAIR: Find Data Science Training or Education Right for Women

  *   Monday, October 30, 2017
6:00 PM to 8:30 PM

  *   The Frontier at RTP<https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=800+Park+Office+Drive%2C+Durham%2C+NC%2C+us>
800 Park Office Drive, Durham, NC (map<https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=800+Park+Office+Drive%2C+Durham%2C+NC%2C+us>)

  *   Price: $10.00 /per person
  *   Are you considering investing in your career with training and education from the area? Or do you advise and support women in the area moving forward in their careers in data science? If so, you want to come to ONE event where you can hear from SIX programs at once (5 in the Triangle; one in Boones)!

• Data Matters<http://renci.org/> training and seminars
• Duke’s Master in Interdisciplinary Data Science<https://ssri.duke.edu/education/master-interdisciplinary-data-science-mids>
• icimo<http://icimo.com/about/training/> training
• NC State’s Master of Science in Analytics<http://analytics.ncsu.edu/>
• WakeTech’s Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Analytics<https://www.waketech.edu/programs-courses/credit/business-analytics>
• Applachian State University's Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics<https://business.appstate.edu/academics/ms-applied-data-analytics>

We are asking these programs questions: Are women applying to your programs and workshops? Are they being accepted? In the program, do they maintain their performance? Do they complete the program? Is the program making a remarkable difference in their careers, meeting both their goals and yours? Which women?

***ALL CAREER TYPES AND LEVELS: BRING AT LEAST 3 COPIES OF YOUR RESUME***

The data shows that annual events from top women's networking groups are likely to offer a splash of wine and lots of interactive conversation. All the more reason to identify the path forward for yourself or a woman near you! Registration, refreshment, and networking begins at 6:00; agenda begins promptly at 6:30.

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute

   From Anna Smith (a member of Research Triangle Analysts):

   ([1]https://www.meetup.com/DataPlusWomenPlusTriangle/events/242966501/) to
   your group. Thanks, Anna Smith, neighbor27893 at gmail.com

   From the event page:

   THE FUTURE FAIR: Find Data Science Training or Education Right for Women

     o Monday, October 30, 2017

   6:00 PM to 8:30 PM

     o [2]The Frontier at RTP

   800 Park Office Drive, Durham, NC ([3]map)

     o Price: $10.00 /per person
     o Are you considering investing in your career with training and
       education from the area? Or do you advise and support women in the
       area moving forward in their careers in data science? If so, you want
       to come to ONE event where you can hear from SIX programs at once (5
       in the Triangle; one in Boones)!

   o [4]Data Matters training and seminars

   o Duke's [5]Master in Interdisciplinary Data Science

   o [6]icimo training

   o NC State's [7]Master of Science in Analytics

   o WakeTech's [8]Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Analytics

   o Applachian State University's [9]Master of Science in Applied Data