[TriPython] Python training for development staff (Ken M)

Mark Hutchinson aikimark at aol.com
Mon May 1 10:00:41 EDT 2017

Ken

Although I have strong VB skills and moderate Python skills, I don't have any ready material from which to teach a VB-to-Python transition class.  I will keep an open eye on this.

You might benefit from some lunch-and-learn sessions.  In such sessions, you would present a problem and work through the solution in UniBasic.  Then you present a Python solution to the same problem and explain the code.  The idea is to show the power and readability of Python, especially the data structures and powerful functions.  Over time, the UniBasic developers will grow to appreciate Python.  At that point, you have a staff that is eager to learn about Python because they see benefit for their work environment.

You will probably need to import some libraries, so you should start thinking about some problems that become simple using one of the imported libraries.

Mark