[TriPython] Ansible Issue

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Mon Mar 13 14:33:35 EDT 2017

There are a lot of places I could ask this. But I’m going to try here first because I know of so many people using Ansible here.

I have a playbook with, among others, this task:

  - name: update all
    yum:
    args:
      name: '*'
      state: latest
      skip_broken: yes

Running it with ansible-playbook results in this error for that task:

FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "unsupported parameter for module: skip_broken"}

But the skip_broken option is documented for the yum module:

http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/yum_module.html

Is this yet another module where I’m going to be better off having a shell task?

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute