[TriPython] Python educational material recommendations?

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Fri Jul 7 14:34:38 EDT 2017

Hi all,
I’m looking for some up-to-date recommendations for Python educational materials.

I’m working with someone who is using Python on the job and wants to get better at it. Her background is in the sciences, not in programming. She has some time to dedicate to learning, but an intensive multi-week course is probably not in the cards. She prefers paper books and online courses (Coursera, Khan Academy, etc.) to online tutorials. She’ll be working in Python 3, natch.

Any recommendations?

Bonus if those recommendations involve GIS, data cleaning, and data manipulation. No need for any Web-related stuff.

Thanks very much in advance,
Philip