[TriPython] Reminder: TriPython July 2016 Meeting: TensorFlow Implementation for Job Market Classification

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:44:01 EDT 2016

We have a much anticipated meeting tomorrow night. It looks like there
is going to be a big crowd. I'm excited. Also, the-after meeting will
likely be at Carolina 1663 at the Sheraton across the street from the
meeting so we can sit outside by the swimming pool if we want and if
it's not raining. If it's raining, maybe we'll head over to our usual
spot at Bailey's Grill. See you there.

On 7/7/16 2:04 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> When: Thursday, July 28, 7-9pm
> Where: Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)
>        Biltmore Conference Room
>        5th Floor, 100 Europa Drive, Suite 590
>        Chapel Hill
> What: """Matching new job titles and descriptions to existing salary
> data points from labor markets is a time-intensive and manual process,
> but is necessary to create compensation plans and job offers. This
> presentation introduces a TensorFlow implementation of a Convolutional
> Neural Network (CNNs) to classify jobs. We will start with a high level
> overview of TensorFlow, CNNs, and how to get started. We'll then walk
> through our system design, code samples and a demonstration of our
> application. Taras Mitran and Jeff Waller present. Taras and Jeff are
> software engineers at IVC, Inc. in Cary. Extemporaneous "lightning
> talks" of 5-10 minute duration are also welcome and don't need to be
> pre-announced. Lightning talks are for you to "show and tell" something
> you've learned about Python recently, no matter how small. We all use
> Python, therefore, we are always learning something new about Python
> that we can tell others. Plenty of free parking is available in the
> RENCI parking deck. The meeting will be followed by our usual
> after-meeting at a nearby tavern for food and beverage. Come join us for
> a fun and informative evening."""

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517