[TriPython] Big Week Reminders: Raleigh Project Night at WebAssign and Featured Speaker Meeting at Caktus

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Dec 5 12:40:08 EST 2016

We have a big week with two events.

Tomorrow I hope to see you from 6-9pm at the Raleigh Project Night at
WebAssign hosted by Steve Gambino. There will be Ruckus pizza. It's
always a good time at WebAssign.

http://tripython.org/Members/sgambino/dec-16-rpn/

Then on Thursday at 7pm, we have out first featured speaker meeting at
our new Durham home: the Caktus Group Tech Space on Morris Street. Brian
Jinwright of MetaMetrics will be telling us about scaling WSGI apps in
the cloud as well as how to use Zappa and Lambda to manage worker
processes. I would like to see a good turnout for Brian at this special
second Thursday holiday meeting (instead of the usual fourth Thursday).
There will be holiday door prizes! The after-meeting at 9pm promises to
be festive as well:

http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/dec-16-mtg/

BTW, I would really like to have a doorman volunteer for the meeting on
Thursday. The door to Caktus remains locked and we cannot leave it
propped open. There is a spot where you can sit see both the
presentation as well as people coming to the door to get it.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517