[TriPython] Last night's talk / Looking for work

Rex Dwyer rex.dwyer at att.net
Fri Apr 29 18:00:54 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all who came to my talk last night.  I hope everybody got to
split on a zero-width assertion today.
The Jupyter notebook, with some improvements, can be found here on github:
https://github.com/rexdwyer/splitsville
I wanted to make everyone aware that I am actively looking for a new
position.  My preference is a full-time permanent position, but I am
open to project and contract work, as well as interesting pro bono work.
I have a PhD in Computer Science from CMU as well as an MS in Economics
from UNC-CH.  As Chris mentioned last night, I was a professor at NCSU
for 13 years, and did bioinformatics at Syngenta for roughly the same
amount of time.  Since I was laid off at Syngenta last year, I've taken
about a dozen Coursera courses on big data, machine learning, natural
language processing, etc., and am currently calling myself a data
scientist.  However, I'm a great programmer in a number of languages and
still love to write code. My LinkedIn references say that first and
foremost, I am a problem solver.
if anybody has any openings or leads, I'll be really grateful to hear
about them.
Thanks again for the chance to talk last night.
Rex Dwyer
linkedin.com/in/rexadwyer
rex.dwyer at pobox.com