[TriPython] Reminder: TriPython April 2016 Meeting: Splitsville: News from the World of Regular Expressions

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Apr 26 11:33:44 EDT 2016

Reminder that Rex Dwyer presents the regex module this Thursday at
RENCI. This new regex implementation is intended eventually to replace
Python’s current re module implementation, so you don't want to miss
this. I hope to see you there!

PS - We're looking for a May (and June, July...) speaker. Please email
me if you already volunteered for any of these and I forgot.

On 3/29/16 10:57 AM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/apr-16-mtg
>
> When: Thursday, April 28, 7pm
> Where: Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)
>         Biltmore Conference Room, 5th Floor
>         100 Europa Drive, Suite 590, Chapel Hill
> What:
>
> """
> Rex Dwyer, PhD, will survey some old and new features of regular
> expressions as implemented in the regex module (
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/regex ) which augments the re module in the
> Python standard library. Rex will concentrate on look-around and split,
> solving a couple of problems involving biological sequences.
> Extemporaneous "lightning talks" of 5-10 minute duration are also
> welcome and don't need to be pre-announced. Lightning talks are for you
> to "show and tell" something you've learned about Python recently, no
> matter how small. We all use Python, therefore, we are always learning
> something new about Python that we can tell others. Plenty of free
> parking is available in the RENCI parking deck. The meeting will be
> followed by our usual after-meeting at a nearby tavern for food and
> beverage. Come join us for a fun and informative evening.
> """

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517