[TriZPUG] Hackathon - tech solutions for geriatric caregivers

Brian J. Soher bsoher at briansoher.com
Fri Mar 20 15:06:06 CET 2015

Hi Everyone,

I saw the notice for the eHealth Challenge and mentioned it to my
wife. She consults with companies that are developing products for
aging markets.  I asked her "What would you do if you had a small
team of expert programmers that would create a prototype of something
for you?"  And here's her reply ...

"I would do a lot!

I would use the PocketMedi.com platform to organize my day and
connect me with local resources.

I would also integrate it with CareConscious.com to provide education
and training.

I would include mobile app features that track that caregivers arrive
that I hire to check in. And to facilitate communication I would also
use it to track events. I would use it to track behavior issues and
sleep. I would also have a finance tracker on the app to track how
much money I am spending on caregiving and to connect me with
appropriate resources. "

I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone, but I've enjoyed
all the fun emails from the list and thought that I might contribute
something back.

All the best,

Brian Soher