[TriZPUG] Data Matters Training Course

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Mar 13 16:25:42 CET 2015

http://datamatters.org/

Also see the attached flyer.

RENCI is a cosponsor of Data Matters, a week of two- and one-day data
science short courses during July 22-26 at the Friday Center. These
course are not inexpensive ($350/day). But some of you may be interested
and so I did not want to let this pass by without informing you. I have
not been to any of these courses and cannot vouch for their
effectiveness. Maybe someone among us has?

Courses offered:

Introduction to Data Science (2 day/$700)
The Internet of Things: Intro to IoT Data Creation and Use (1 day/$300)
Introduction to Data Mining and Machine Learning (2 day/$700)
Introduction to Information Visualization (2 day/$700)
Health Informatics: Big Data in Health and Medicine (1 day/$300)
System Dynamics and Agent-based Modeling (2 day/$700)
Introduction to R (2 day/$700)
Collecting, Classifying, and Analyzing Textual Data (1 day/$300)
Social Network Analysis: Description and Inference (2 day/$700)
Data Curation: Managing Data t/o the Research Lifecycle  (2 day/$700)
Open(ing) Data: Considerations in Data Sharing and Reuse (1 day/$300)

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517