[TriPython] Python Beginner's Night in Durham

Gil Bento gilpbento at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:20:18 CEST 2015

I attended the beginner's night and it was really helpful. I worked through
an exercise in the Interactive Python ebook and Colin (sp?) from Caktus who
was one of the many mentors present was super nice. He answered a bunch of
high-level conceptual questions which made me get a lot more out of the
task I was working on than if I had just done what the book was asking for.

The guys from Caktus and Astro Code School created a really positive and
welcoming atmosphere which I highly recommend to other beginners. It's also
a great complement to the monthly project nights.

-------------- next part --------------
   I attended the beginner's night and it was really helpful. I worked
   through an exercise in the Interactive Python ebook and Colin (sp?) from
   Caktus who was one of the many mentors present was super nice. He answered
   a bunch of high-level conceptual questions which made me get a lot more
   out of the task I was working on than if I had just done what the book was
   asking for.

   The guys from Caktus and Astro Code School created a really positive and
   welcoming atmosphere which I highly recommend to other beginners. It's
   also a great complement to the monthly project nights.

     Message: 2
     On 6/15/2015 8:03 AM, Brian Russell wrote:
     >     Even if you already know a bit of Python then please come to the
     first
     >     Python Beginner?s Meetup THIS Thursday.

     I assume this was a success as you've scheduled another one for first
     Monday in July?

     Sorry I had to be at the RTP Analysts meeting last night. They had a
     speaker I couldn't miss. There were a few other TriPythoneers there.

     Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
     UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
     100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
     [4](919) 599-3530