[TriZPUG] Memory Allocation Error starting Django 1.6 on Centos 7

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:35:42 CET 2015

On 2/11/2015 12:25 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> So I tried just this:
>
> $ /opt/envs/sciwms/bin/python
>  >>> import os
>  >>> pid = os.fork()
>  >>> >>>

> At which point the console slowed to a crawl and I have to kill Python
> to get it back.
> So I don't think my problem is Django. I think my problem is Python on
> Centos 7 on VirtualBox.

Eh, maybe not. Turns out that is nermel os.fork behavior at a Python
interactive prompt. I just tried this on a non-VM Fedora 20 system
python. Django invokes os.fork from os.spawnve.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517