[TriPython] Answer to Project Night Question

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Sat Apr 25 02:05:34 CEST 2015

Someone came to project night in Chapel Hill a couple of months ago
asking about how to do something in particular with IMDB. I don't
remember that person's name (I'm very bad with names). But whoever it
was, if you are reading, you should watch the first 43 minutes of this:

http://pyvideo.org/video/3395/pandas-from-the-ground-up

I didn't know when you asked that an IMDB database download is available at:

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/misc/movies/database/

It is described here:

http://www.imdb.com/interfaces
https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/topics/api_bulk_data_access

You may also find this useful:

http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net/

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517