[TriZPUG] Mentorship Program

Kurt Grandis kgrandis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 04:33:29 CEST 2015

Hey Folks,

At the PyCon Community Organizer meeting, the Chicago UG (ChiPy) mentioned
that they've set up a mentorship program.

The idea is to match beginners up with experienced users and they would
meetup (physically or virtually) for at least 1 hour/week for 3 months.
They would work together to come up with a plan to achieve the mentee's
envisioned goals (be it professional or otherwise). Recommendations, code
reviews, pairing, introductions, reading list curations, discussions, etc.

Announcement:
http://blog.tathagata.me/2015/03/chipy-python-mentorship-dinner-march.html
 http://blog.tathagata.me/2014/10/chicago-python-user-group-mentorship.html

FAQ: http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/messages/boards/thread/48812700
Mentors: http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/messages/boards/thread/48806595
Mentees: http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/messages/boards/thread/48756823

We have a LOT of project nights and people pitching in and helping already.
I'm always impressed whenever I attend, so maybe it's not as relevant for
this area? I can imagine having a stable contact to reach out to and by
also having some mid/long-term personalized guidance and support could also
be very helpful. Anyways it sounded interesting and wanted to share the
concept here. Food for thought.

-Kurt