[TriZPUG] suggestions and recommendations

Mark Hutchinson aikimark at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 03:42:46 CEST 2014

I'm going to do some data mining that will require me to automate/simulate a browser.  I already know about the mechanize module and Selenium.  I heard some other suggestions/recommendations at Satisfactions after the TriPython meeting, but I forgot my notepad and didn't take any notes. (my bad)

I'll open this question up to the general TriPython list server.  What modules/libraries would you recommend for mining HTML content for data?  In addition to scraping web page content, I will need to populate a web page and 'click' on links and controls.

I will give a presentation on the resulting project.  It involves beer.

Mark Hutchinson