[TriZPUG] Blockly

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Sep 5 22:40:29 CEST 2014

On 9/5/2014 1:23 PM, Elliott Hauser wrote:
> Blockly can output Python, Javascript, Dart, or XML
> https://blockly-demo.appspot.com/static/apps/code/index.html

Looking through Chris Laffra's links, I went to:

https://code.google.com/p/blockly/

to find what you are talking about. I find the blockly-games site is
just a Blockly app on App Engine (to which, I believe, Calvin alluded)
with the Blockly sample programs arranged in a path. And what could be
done to make it more usable would be to use the Blockly engine to
implement a different games site, which presumably spits out Python,
where the user starts out in a sandbox with offers of quests to increase
sandbox playtime skills. So the building blocks are there, they just
need some arranging and Trinket.io is on the case!

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517