[TriZPUG] Cuda Short Courses at UNC

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Sat Oct 25 15:02:53 CEST 2014

Michael Fogelman did the best live coding demo I've ever seen at the
meeting two days ago...

I promised at the meeting that I'd post the details of the Cuda short
courses from Nvidia coming up at UNC Nov 4-5. It looks like they are
employee only as they require registration. But here are the details
anyway for those than can take advantage of them:

The response to our survey on interest in GPU Programming was
outstanding and we are pleased to announce that Nvidia will be coming to
the UNC campus to offer two days of GPU training. The workshops will be
held on November 4th and November 5th in the Upendo Room (rooms
1118/1119) in the SASB building (Student & Academic Services Buildings)
on South Campus.  Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Space is
somewhat limited so please register at http://learnit.unc.edu/workshops
  so that we can have an accurate head count. The registration is split
into the two days, please register for each day you will attend.  The
room will be open and refreshments available beginning at 8:00 each morning.

The agenda is:

This class will be in the Upendo Room (rooms 1118/1119) in the SASB
building on South Campus.

Day 1 (8:30 - 4:30)

Morning:

Intro to GPU computing (no programming)

Intro to CUDA C/C++  (+ hands-on)

CUDA basic optimizations  (+ hands-on)

Afternoon:

Working with GPU Libraries (CUBLAS, CUSPARSE)  (+hands-on)

GPU Graphical tools (profiler, nsight EE, debugging)  (+ workshop/demo,
no hands-on)

Day 2 (8:30 - 4:00)

Morning:

Intro to OpenACC  (+ hands-on)

OpenACC basic optimizations  (+ hands-on)

Afternoon:

Thrust: GPU programming for the C++ STL programmer (+ hands-on)

Wrap-up, Q+A, missed topics, next steps

To register and to see a full course description visit
http://learnit.unc.edu/workshops

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517