[TriZPUG] Alert

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Mar 28 18:59:17 CET 2014

We had a great time at Satisfactions. But I must alert you to a
situation I experienced there last night. I made a single item charge to
my debit card there that went through fine. Then a couple of hours later
I used the same card for a two item charge. It was denied. This puzzled
me as there were way more than sufficient funds available but I just
gave them another card and chalked it up to my overzealous bank. After
Satisfactions I went to Kinkos to get some shipping supplies and my
debit card was denied again. I went back out to my truck and checked my
online banking and found that Satisfactions had run my second ticket
through four times and the charges had gone through. Not only that, but
I was also charged for a third ticket that was not an amount that was on
either of my other two that I did offer the card for.

I went to my bank morning and they backed out the repeated transactions
for my second ticket but told me I should contact Satisfactions myself
to dispute the third charge and get them to refund the charge. They said
this would be easier and faster than going through a fraud claim with
the bank.

So maybe check your credit card statements from last night.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530