[TriZPUG] Last Night's Raleigh Project Night

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Jan 8 17:00:26 CET 2014

We had a bit of a surprise at Raleigh Project Night last night. A first
time member, Chris Laffra, demonstrated his online Python algorithm
visualization site, http://pyalgoviz.appspot.com , and the code behind
it. The code behind it was fascinating. First time I'd seen anybody do a
"with self". That alone was worth the price of admission.

I've seen other sites like this for sorting algorithms. But what makes
this one different is you can click on a visualization, see the
algorithm code, see the visualization code, and control its execution.
You can also log in and add your own algorithms and visualization to the
collection.

I thought this was so cool that I asked Chris if he would speak about
this at this month's meeting in Carrboro and he agreed. So look for the
meeting announcement soon.

Thank you, Chris!

See you at Carrboro Project Night tonight.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530