[TriZPUG] Who is using Apache httpd in front of Python webapps?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Apr 16 19:37:43 CEST 2014

On 4/16/2014 12:07 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> If so, what httpd module(s) are you using to route/proxy requests to the
> webapps?  I'm familiar with the mechanisms; this is an informal survey.
>
> I am thinking about what httpd+application space to cover at ApacheCon
> EU in November, having given FastCGI-specific and
> survey-of-httpd+Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby talks in the past
> (http://emptyhammock.com/projects/info/slides.html).  Maybe httpd+Python
> is interesting enough to concentrate on Python for a change, as well as
> practice the talk before I get to Budapest ;)

Hi Jeff,

A bunch of us on campus, not just me, used to front Plone with Apache
and used mod_rewrite and Zope's Virtual Host Monster for reverse proxy.
This also usually involved occasional route mangling with rewrite rules.
We've all switched to Nginx now.

You'll love Budapest.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530