[TriZPUG] Python Web Programming Workshop Early Bird Registration Now Open

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue May 21 18:05:04 CEST 2013

Hey gang,

We have a very special opportunity. Some of your who come to meetings
and project nights already know about this and are just waiting for this
message.

A noted Python web programming expert, Cris Ewing, is bringing his
Python Web Programming Workshop here to the Triangle, August 5-9:

http://tripython.org/boot-camp/pywebpw13

This workshop takes you through Python web programming from low level
sockets and protocols all the way through several Python web frameworks.
It's the same material Cris uses for his course offered through the
University of Washington's Certificate in Python Programming. I've know
Cris for years. He's been here for sprints we've sponsored. And he is a
great person and teacher with a lot of experience.

Here's a look at how the course looked at UW:

http://cewing.github.io/training.python_web/

The early bird registration is now open at the link above. If you are
one of the people who encouraged me to go ahead with this and asked when
registration would be open, please go ahead and register. You are the
first to know about this. I'd really like to demonstrate to Cris that
this course is going to be viable for him to travel here from Seattle,
so he doesn't have to worry so much as he puts quite a bit of effort
into converting the format of the semester long course into this week
long workshop. We're counting on your participation.

It's been awhile since we've had an ultra-low cost, week-long boot camp.
So I really hope to have your support. Please help in getting the word
out through your communications channels within communities of interest.
If you do, I would appreciate being copied so I won't duplicate your
effort. Let's do everything we can to give Cris a good turnout.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530