[TriZPUG] Introduction and Next Week's Meeting

Bart Jaworski bjaworski at futureus.com
Thu Dec 12 02:27:22 CET 2013

Hello,

I just joined the list and wanted to send out a quick introduction. My name is Bart Jaworski and I run the Product & Dev team at Future in San Francisco. We're a mid-sized publisher focusing on video games, tech, cycling, and related stereotypically "young dude interest areas" with some leading properties like gamesradar.com, pcgamer.com, techradar.com, maximumpc.com, maclife.com, bikeradar.com, cyclingnews.com, and others. Django/Python powers some of the big ones (60 million page views / month ++) and is our focus for all new builds.

We're exploring the possibly of opening a small satellite office in The Triangle area as we already have a developer and some editors located there. As part of that we're looking to add a couple tech positions:

http://www.futureus.com/2013/10/09/djangopython-architect/

http://www.futureus.com/2013/11/22/djangopython-developer/

We're also in need of tech (both consumer and enterprise) and video games journalists/editors.  So if you know of anyone qualified and interested in freelance or ongoing work please feel free to forward along.

Both I and Charlie Speight (head honcho and NC native) will be in town next week to check out the area and for the December 19th TriPython meeting.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Bart Jaworski
Senior Director of Internet & Mobile Products

Future
4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080
[P] 650.238.2440 [E] bjaworski at futureus.com<mailto:bjaworski at futureus.com>