[TriZPUG] December Meeting Call for Talks

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Dec 9 21:35:31 CET 2013

On 12/2/2013 3:28 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> We have a meeting scheduled for Thursday December 19 at Bull City
> Coworking at 7pm.
>
> Would you like to have your presentation featured at this meeting? If,
> so, please speak up now by reply to this email on this list.

It isn't final yet. But it is looking increasingly like Brandon Rhodes,
a member of the PSF, author of "Foundations of Python Network
Programming Second Edition," coder of the pyephem module of
scientific-grade astronomy objects for Python, and runner-up with David
Beasley for best presentation at every PyCon for the last few years,
will be our speaker at the December meeting.

If you want to see how great of a Python speaker Brandon is, check out
his PyCon 2010 video, "The Mighty Dictionary":

http://pyvideo.org/video/276/the-mighty-dictionary-55

The code and slides for The Might Dictionary are here:

https://bitbucket.org/brandon/pycon2010-mighty-dictionary

I'll let you know more about Brandon's upcoming appearance at TriPython
when I know more.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530