[TriZPUG] Enthought Canopy

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Apr 15 16:53:00 CEST 2013

I know some of you are familiar with Enthought, the company who sponsors
a lot of numpy/matplotlib/scipy development and related community
shepherding, and the company who distributes the Python "sumo
distribution" known as EPD.

Enthought has just released a new Python distribution, apparently
designed to replace EPD, that comes with an IDE-like environment
including IPython Notebook support for clusters:

https://www.enthought.com/products/canopy/

Canopy is a product that starts to address some of those "Joe the
Windows User" and "Jane the Scientist" issues in Simeon's poster.

If it came in a Python 3 flavor, I'd seriously consider recommending it
for PyCamp.

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530