[TriZPUG] Is Python Beginner-Friendly?

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:30:49 CEST 2013

Python IS one of the most beginning friendly languages, but the poster
makes some good points, too. Especially about IDLE for Windows users, which
is a HUGE majority of the incoming Python potential programmers.
Thankfully, PyCon 2013 spawned a lot of new debate and pressure to make
IDLE a *good* first tool, because we need it to be.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Notice, the subject line is a different question from "Is Python Easy to
> Learn?" or "Is Python a Good Language to Learn for Beginners?" This poster
> is by Simeon Franklin, who gave a talk at PyCarolinas:
>
> http://simeonfranklin.com/**poster.pdf<http://simeonfranklin.com/poster.pdf>
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
> office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

http://techblog.ironfroggy.com/
Follow me if you're into that sort of thing:
http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy