[TriZPUG] Reminder: TriZPUG November 2012 Meeting: Python Tools and Strategies for System Administrators

Steve Gambino stevegambino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:36:54 CET 2012

Thanks to all who made it to the meeting last night.

Special thanks to Chris C for his talk on python koans. This was especially
good for some of us newbies but Chris commented that is also handy for vets.

Here's a link to the koans if you're interested:

   - https://github.com/gregmalcolm/python_koans

Thanks also to our lightening talkers: Joseph and Eric

   - Joseph spoke on using the "with" statement to capitalize on context.
    He showed how some boilerplate code for a given task could be greatly
   reduced and was obviously simpler to read.   Powerful stuff!
   - Eric showed us what he has learned with Django for a website he
   created a work which tracks inventory, trucking routes, and much more. Nice
   work!

Thanks again everyone and best wishes to Josh to feel better soon.  We
still look forward someday for that presentation on using python for
sysadmin tasks.

Regards,
Steve Gambino