[TriZPUG] Django Bootcamp Awesomeness

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Jun 11 16:44:55 CEST 2012

A bunch of us were at Django Bootcamp this weekend, some as students and
some as instructors. If you missed it, you should hope it is repeated,
because you missed something really, really good.

If this was Caktus's first time presenting a training like this, I
wouldn't know it, because their presentations were perfectly timed to
the time allotted. Also, I learned a good deal about training timing
there myself. The three hours in the morning, three hours in the
afternoon format was very relaxing and therefore conducive to easy learning.

The training itself was pretty perfect in that the amount of material
was just enough to get me doing something useful with Django and then
pointing me in the right direction ahead. It felt like a right-sized
meal, not too much, not too little.

I'd like to thank Caktus, especially Tobias, Karen, Colin, Mark, Nicole,
and Scott, for a really enjoyable weekend and a truly excellent training.

BTW, good job on the catering, too.

I would encourage those of you who went to Django Bootcamp to go to the
next Project Night scheduled by Calvin. We can work on those extensions
to the Crossword Drill app Mark proposed at the end of the training to
get the app Cali VC-ready. Anybody have Sean Parker's digits?

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530