[TriZPUG] Programming groups?

Justis Peters justis.peters at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:49:35 CEST 2011

On 07/07/2011 01:08 PM, John Riselvato wrote:
> This summer I have been looking to join up with some people around the
> tri area to just program. I know every 4th thursday there are
> meetings. Is there any side programming groups that just get together
> for a lunch or friday night programming fun?
> Nothing serious, i just wouldn't mind being social instead of sitting
> in my room.
John,

There are lots of "hack night" events throughout the Triangle area. Here
are some upcoming ones:

    * Tonight, Raleigh.rb (Ruby):
      http://www.meetup.com/raleighrb/events/23280801/
    * Sunday, SplatSpace (all languages):
      http://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/24196031/
    * Monday, TriClojure (Clojure, a lisp derivative on the JVM):
      http://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/22751121/
    * Tuesday, TriangleJS (Javascript/ECMAscript):
      http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-JavaScript/events/23857831/
    * Next Saturday, Triangle Arduino (Arduino, electronics, and Atmel
      AVR): http://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/24841281/

All of these are repeating events. Most of them are monthly. The one at
SplatSpace is every Sunday. The Arduino one also meets at TechShop on
the second Monday of the month. For this month, though, I recommend that
you check out TriClojure since they're doing live coding and audio
synthesis. It should be loads of fun.

We did a couple Python hack nights with TriZPUG, but we never got a date
and location that stuck. You're welcome to organize one yourself and
invite us all to come. All you need is a coffeeshop, a conference room
in a library, an empty office, or an empty classroom.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Justis