[TriZPUG] good news for content mgmt system admins

Dimauro, Frank FDimauro at unch.unc.edu
Fri Apr 29 20:46:56 CEST 2011

As quoted in current issue of InformationWeek magazine:

"Content management skills are in high demand at a lot of companies, it seems. Our salary survey found that managers in charge of enterprise content management top the pay list, with median pay of $136,000. That's a 24% leap from the $110,000 in 2010, so we'll have to watch whether that growth trend lasts. But it fits with the fact that companies are becoming more dependent on digital content, for goals ranging from personalizing marketing campaigns to doing deeper analytics.

In contrast, data center management jobs are further down the pay scale, as companies need fewer people to run IT infrastructure because of increased automation and cloud computing."...

http://informationweek.com/news/global-cio/careers/229401609?pgno=1

Frank DiMauro