[TriZPUG] Python Coding Dojo

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Apr 15 23:17:51 CEST 2010

On 4/14/2010 6:27 PM, Michael Clemmons wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
> This is a little late to send this out to all of you but Monday the 19(next
> week) at 8pm CCC(where we have our carrboro meetings) and I will be hosting
> a python dojo, not to be confused with dojo the javascript library.  The
> basic idea is that 2 people paraprogram while the rest of the group watches
> and/or helps with comments.  Its typically test driven and highly focused on
> learning and practice not making the BEST CODE EVER.
> We have been doing this in small groups of 3 or 4 at my home but are now
> moving out into the wider world.  Bring a 6-pack and some yummy snacks it
> should be a good time.  Retweets etc much appreciated.
> You can find us in the first building to label with CCC in a molecule.
> 205 Lloyd St
> Carrboro, NC

Michael,

I just created a userid (glassresistor) for you at trizpug.org. You
should be getting a password reset email.

This userid comes with a personal folder for you on trizpug.org:

http://trizpug.org/Members/glassresistor

where you can add any content you want.

You have also been made a manager of this folder so that after creating
a content item in the folder, you can publish it.

If you publish an event or news content item, it will:

a) appear in the news or event right hand portlet on trizpug.org as
appropriate,
b) appear within one hour on planet.trizpug.org,
c) get tweeted to twitter.com/trizpug
d) get syndicated in either events.trizpug.org or news.trizpug.org
e) appear in the sitewide news and events tabs (trizpug.org/events or
trizpug.org/news)

A new tab "dojo" has been added to trizpug.org associated with a topic
item (i.e., smart folder). A new event type for event items "Python
Dojo" has been added to trizpug.org. If you publish and event item
tagged with the event type "Python Dojo," then all such event items will
appear in under the Dojo tab in reverse chronological order of event
start date.

You have also been given the "Owner" role of http://trizpug.org/pydojo
so that if you want to or need to change the description text of that
item, you can. I'm nor 100% sure that just granting Owner on a single
non-folder item will allow editing. So if you have a problem with that,
just let me know.

If you would like to publicize your Python Dojos on trizpug.org using
this facility, please do. We would like people who organize things to
have the ability to publicize them with all the tools we can give them.
TriZPUG.org has some pretty awesome page rank. So using it can get your
events very well pimped.

Just ask Tobias or Mark Lavin if you have any questions about how to do
this. They have basically the same powers and the "Hack" tab on
trizpug.org was created for Mark.

I look forward to seeing a Dojo event item published for the upcoming
event on Monday. Let me know if this is not useful for you.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530