[TriZPUG] TriZPUG September 2009 Meeting: Cheetah Templates

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Sep 18 03:32:22 CEST 2009

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/sept-09-mtg/

Map:
http://map.duke.edu/?x=355.06&y=-360.22&z=5&w=835&h=600&new.x=474&new.y=271

Next TriZPUG Meeting: Thursday September 24, 7pm  at Levine Science
Research Center (LSRC) Wing A, Room A328, Nicholas School of the
Environment, Duke University, Durham. Chris Calloway will present
Cheetah, a Python package for code generation via templates. This talk
is a warm-up for the No-Fun ZopeSkel BBQ Sprint hosted by TriZPUG the
following week (for which you will need Cheetah skills). Other talks at
the meeting are welcome. Bring your own talk. Parking is in the Bryan
Center metered lot or garage  (not free). Call 358-2662 if arriving
after 7pm to get in the door. The after-meeting will be at The Federal
at 914 W. Main St. in Durham.

A lot going on lately, at lot of it offlist, so a lot to talk about at
the meeting maybe. Stephan Altmueller is giving a Python and a BFG
training on UNC campus (for College of Arts and Science personnel). Paul
Smith and Kurt Grandis are teaming up for a Django Bootcamp-style event.
And Josh Johnson and I are hosting the ZopeSkel sprint Oct 2-5. Joel
Burton, Cris Ewing, and Matthew Wilkes are flying in for the occasion.
Chris Rossi is joining in locally. Thanks to all of you whom contributed
to our sprint travel expense bounty.

Thanks to Ben Donnelly for coming through with the meeting location.
We're returning this month to one of our historical meeting places on
the Duke campus: the Nicholas School for the Environment.

The following instructions come from Ben:

1. Get to Cameron Blvd, enter campus from the Science Drive entrance,
across the street from the Washington Duke. Drive past the stadia, keep
straight past the intersection with Towerview.

2. Just past the speed bumps is the left entrance to the Bryan Center
parking lot. Park there.

3. Walk to the end of Science drive which ends in a loop. Walk into the
Physics parking lot, which is the car gate on the loop. The building on
your right is the A-Wing of LSRC.

4. Signs will point to a narrow outdoors staircase which leads to the
third floor. We'll let you in (all doors are protected by Duke ID card
readers after 6PM). My cell is 358-2662.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530