[TriZPUG] informal Triangle Django Users Group starting

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Thu Nov 12 18:56:51 CET 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Tobias McNulty wrote:

> I am +100 all of what you say, but I think the issue is about
> getting more Django developers on the TriZPUG list in the first
> place and, on a broader scale,

+1 :)

> On that note I still do believe, to reiterate what Paul said, that
> something with "Django" in the name is a Good Thing(tm).  If nothing
> more, as a shepherd to bring folks into TriZPUG.

I'm still a little weary of that personally, but +1 on the general
idea, I think what you're doing with the google group and twitter
directly addresses this goal and that's really great.

Maybe, instead of changing the name of TriZPUG as some have
suggested*, we take the emphasis out of the "UG" part of the Django
specific stuff. I don't know what exactly, maybe just something like
"Triangle Django Users" and then mention heavily that we're all part
of  the TriZPUG group and point people to the  TriZPUG list and
website (and meetings). The name probably doesn't matter, but if we
want to bring more focused groups under our wing (which I think we all
want), and share resources, we don't want there to be any confusion
about the affiliation.

JJ

* my suggestions were jokes, in case that wasn't clear :D