[TriZPUG] Can we change our name?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Nov 12 05:47:50 CET 2009

Chris Calloway wrote:
>> Really?  Ow.  I should have checked my archives on that one.
> Forgiveable. Because the archives show you missed the first meeting. :)
Do they?  I thought that I remembered seeing Geoff give a talk at the
original VERITAS location.

>>> This was our "website" for the first couple of years:
>>> http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage
>>
>> Wow.  I didn't even realize that page was still around.  Cool.  :)
>>
>> Should I make a copy/archive of those pages on trizpug.org just in
>> case we lose them on zope.org?
>
> I think you just called shotgun. At least, that's how I interpret
> "should I?" questions in a TriZPUG context.
I grabbed a copy of the 17 meeting announcements from the zope.org site
and the wiki markup from the main page and the visitor log.  I *think*
that's all of the content from that site.  I haven't put it up at
trizpug.org, yet.  I'll have to take a look at what's the best way to
create that content at trizpug.org.
> I've wanted to do just that for a really, really long time. Because
> not having it on trizpug.org makes our institutional memory look
> shorter than it is.
Understood.  At least I have a copy now in case they kill the content on
zope.org.
> You are a site manager and have all the permissions you need to
> structure this however you want. I always had delusions I was gonna
> recreate old meeting announcements for the /meetings page and create
> some /about page which contained a TriZPUG history. But I think even
> just grabbing copies of that zope.org stuff and uploading it as files
> just to protect them suffices for low hanging fruit.
OK.  I'll probably recreate the meeting announcements as News Items and
add the meetings to the meetings page. That seems like the right way to
preserve that content.  I'm not sure where I'll put/reformat the old
wiki page.  Anyway, I'll let you know when I'm done.

Regards,
---Tom