[TriZPUG] Can we change our name?

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Nov 11 14:31:19 CET 2009

Chris Calloway wrote:

> The first meeting was Tuesday, October 8, 2002 at Veritas Software in RTP.
> Geoff Davis gave a presentation on, ahem, Plone.

Really?  Ow.  I should have checked my archives on that one.

> This was our "website" for the first couple of years:
> http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage

Wow.  I didn't even realize that page was still around.  Cool.  :)

Should I make a copy/archive of those pages on trizpug.org just in case we
lose them on zope.org?

> The current TriZPUG.org was create on August 8, 2004.
> Somebody say something about Python. All this navel gazing is tiring.

I got Jython checked out, and I think that I set up a functioning Eclipse
project with it.  It was pretty straightforward, and I updated the Jython
wiki with the steps that I used.  I still need to poke around a bit more,
but I'm going to see what writing an Eclipse plug-in in Jython is like.
(Someone asked about it at the October meeting.)

---Tom