[TriZPUG] Can we change our name?

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Tue Nov 10 19:27:11 CET 2009

On Nov 10, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:

> Basically, anybody who repeatedly shows up and demonstrates
> commitment is
> handed the keys to TriZPUG. We have over ten administrators of
> trizpug.org.
> Some of them use their power. Some have to be prodded. Some don't.
> It's all
> about showing up over and over again and being a self-starting doer.

This is exactly why I'm for keeping things the way they are (name,
structure, etc), and integrating Django as much as we can (or as much
as Django people want).

Maybe we need to set up an auto-posting reminder to the list about the
shotgun rules (by "auto" I mean a real person who "gets it" just keeps
re-iterating it, besides Chris C.) , and how they apply (in a very
workable awesome way) to this group.

Chris, has anyone ever written up an article or blog post about how
this works, and how it's worked for us as a group? I think maybe
newcomers are a bit (or a lot) scared of what it all means, and could
use some sort of testimonial guide :)

We're used to groups and clubs being wrought in bureaucracy,
obligations, cliques, and other b/s nobody likes. While I can't speak
for the greater python community or any of it's sub-cultures (or
other Triangle groups), I can say from first hand experience that this
group is free from all of that, and by design. It's really hard for
people to get that (it took me a while and, honestly, I'm still a bit
reluctant to volunteer for stuff even if I really want to do it)

JJ

p.s.
Yes, I'm going to write that article if nobody else has :)