[TriZPUG] informal Triangle Django Users Group starting

Chris Rossi chris at christophermrossi.com
Mon Nov 9 20:41:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Paul McLanahan <pmclanahan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Josh Johnson <josh_johnson at unc.edu> wrote:
> > I kind of resent the idea that people who know Plone/Zope aren't
> interested
> > in Django and vice-versa. My interest in this group has always been
> python
> > first, and congregating with other python people second.
>
> I'm really sorry if this discussion is coming off like that. I haven't
> read anything that would lead me to think that was the suggestion. In
> my mind, this really is only about having a group with the word
> "Django" in the name so that more people can find the Triangle Python
> community. Like I said earlier, I think people would come to TriZPUG
> from a TriDjUG, and that no one who's serious about Python would leave
> the TriZPUG. I know for a fact that this is true for those who would
> like to see this new group do well, myself included.

What if instead of creating a new group (TriDjUG) the TriZPUG (or TriPIG,
etc...) promoted some informal Django get togethers like you describe?  But
keep using the TriZPUG resources, like mailing list, etc... and encourage
people coming in via Django to mingle with us at the general meetings?

Chris