[TriZPUG] informal Triangle Django Users Group starting

Chris Rossi chris at christophermrossi.com
Mon Nov 9 19:33:51 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Kurt Grandis <KGrandis at lexile.com> wrote:

> I tend to agree with Gary. I think the Triangle Python community will
> benefit from bringing more Django talks to the regular TriZPUG meetings. The
> lack of a Django flavor to date has primarily been due to the fact that
> Django folks haven't stepped up to give any talks--myself included. From
> previous discussions I think people would love a wider range of Python
> topics.
>
> I've personally been amazed at the seeming growth in Django popularity
> within the Triangle. So, the idea of organizing local Django-oriented
> sprints and drinks sounds great. I'll be there with bells on, but I do think
> we can probably give it a start within TriZPUG.
>
> I would only add, that since the TriZPUG community isn't particularly
large, I don't see a lot of impetus for splitting off.  Meetings sizes, in
my experience, range from 3 to 30 folks.  I would also count myself,
personally, as someone who is interested in hearing about what the Django
folks are doing, but would be unlikely to attend a Django specific meetup,
since I don't use Django in my work, currently.  I would enjoy hearing about
a variety of topics, though, including Django at the general meetings.

Chris