[TriZPUG] Plone sales pitch?

Paul Godley pgodley at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:39:45 CEST 2009

All,

I know I'm a little off topic here, but I figure you Python folks know
a lot of Plone too.

I'm going to deliver an internal sales pitch at work, promoting Plone
for a company intranet. It'd be used for general company information
(newsletter type stuff), employee collaboration/discussion while
working through ideas (rather than endless email threads), SOP
document storage, and whatever else it seems good for.

So I'm looking for good talking points for a Plone sales pitch. Have
any of you pitched Plone? What sales techniques worked well? What fell
flat?

I've subscribed to this list for a while, so I'm starting here. I'm
not on a Plone list. Feel free to recommend a good one if this is too
off topic for this list.

Thanks!

-P