[TriZPUG] Claytron, PyCon, Plone Symposium, and Plone Immersion

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Feb 3 23:18:58 CET 2009

Four events to let you know about. I thought I'd just combine them into
one email. There are reminder portlets on trizpug.org you can look at later.

1) Clayton Parker from Six Feet Up will be in the area tomorrow and
Thursday. He's getting in kind of late tomorrow and there is heavy snow
where he's coming from. Also, I don't know what his schedule is for
working late while he's here. But I'm going to tentatively schedule that
interested Plonistas should plan to meet up at Milltown in Carrboro at
7pm on Thursday for a social. I'll try to post an update tomorrow.

2) PyCon 2009 registration is open:

http://us.pycon.org/2009/about/

Financial aid is available:

http://pycon.blogspot.com/2009/02/pycon-2009-financial-aid-available.html

3) Penn State is hosting Plone Symposium East Coast again. In late May
this time:

http://plone.org/events/regional/plone-symposium-east-2009/

4) Six Feet Up is hosting a very cool sounding mentored scrum to build a
Plone site for a worthy non-profit as a training exercise in September:

http://www.sixfeetup.com/news/plone-immersive-training-experience/

Andrew Corcoran and I went to Sixie's Plone mini-conference back in
November and had a great time. I think they learned a lot about hosting
such an event and the one this fall will be even better.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530